Railings are the safety features that protect you from falls and injuries. You might notice the sides of the staircase and balcony, a series of vertical spindles. This setup accounts for the safety of the structural design. Aluminum, glass, and wood are some metals used in designing railings. Modern architecture is getting sleek day by day, and steel is preferred by architects and engineers worldwide.
Since steel is versatile and flexible, intricate designs can be created effortlessly using steel compared to other materials. If you are interested in a unique design, get in touch with our team at Bharat Steel, the leading steel supplier in Chennai. We have skilled welders who can create the design you demand.
Advantages Of Steel In Railings:
- Durability: Irrevocably, steel is the strongest and most durable of all metals. If you are looking for a robust structural design which can last for many years, do not hesitate to go for steel railings.
- Flexibility: You can bend steel to any desired shape if treated under a hot temperature. You can create unique designs with steel which might be complex with wood and other metals.
- Cost efficiency: Creating designs in wood or glass is time-consuming and expensive. At the same time, steel is more affordable and can be installed quickly. Hence, at Bharat Steel, the SAIL TMT price is so affordable which can be obtained at a very competitive price.
- Low Maintenance: Steel doesn’t get rust which demands only low maintenance. You do not have to worry once they are installed, as the steel railing is coated with primers.
Steel railings are used in many applications for residential and commercial purposes. They are more functional in industrial than residential. MS steel suppliers in Chennai can give insights on which type of railings can be used for commercial or residential purposes.
Types Of Stair Railings:
Before getting into types of stair railings, let us look into some common railing terminology.
- Guard Rail – prevents people from falling off.
- Handrail – The part which people hold on to with the hand
- Baserail – the horizontal pipe or rod at the bottom
- Spindle – the vertical post joining handrail and base rail
- Newel post – the vertical shaft at the start and bottom of a staircase.
Picket Stair Railing:
This is the most commonly found type of railing in all residential buildings. It has a simple structure with a vertical post attached to the base rail. They are easy to install and available in various shapes and colors.
Multi Stair Railing:
More than one horizontal pipes or rods connect the two newel posts. Various thicknesses and shapes are used for horizontal pipelines to give the desired look and style. Since children can climb easily on multi-stair railings, it is preferred only in industrial and commercial buildings.
Cable Stair Railing:
High-tension cables connect the posts as they can be installed horizontally and vertically. This gives a trendy and fresh look to your projects. Various materials are available. Since wires are thin, it provides a clear view; however, they are expensive compared to glass and wood.
Steel has different grades and types, making it suitable for varied temperatures and applications. Many industries prefer steel as it is corrosion-resistant, cost-effective and easy to maintain. A JSW steel dealers in Chennai can assist you in understanding the grades of steel and their application.